- March 7, 2018 - April 19, 2018
2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Sessions will run from 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm followed by ECAA local Chapter Meetings.
INSTALLING SOLAR PV SYSTEMS? Here’s what you need to know.
Energy Efficiency Alberta has engaged the Electrical Contractors Association of Alberta to deliver FREE information seminars to the Electrical Industry and interested public on Solar Capacity Training. The goal is to assist Electricians, as well as Safety Codes Officers who may be inspecting these installations, with the knowledge needed to install high quality, regulatory compliant and safe Solar PV systems in Alberta.
What’s being covered?
- Factors driving Solar PV adoption in Alberta
- Where can training be obtained?
- How to apply the Canadian Electrical Code & Electrical Trade Regulations during Solar PV installations
- Enhance knowledge of the Certified Master Electrician (CME) designation and how it applies to Solar PV installations
- Alberta Apprenticeship & Industry Training (AIT) Regulation
- Who needs to be on your installation team to ensure regulatory compliance?
- PV potential in Alberta
- How to choose modules for your project. Quality considerations; is it CSA approved to qualify for Energy Efficiency Alberta (EEA) rebate program?
- Types of inverter systems and how to choose the right system for your project
- Basic design considerations and requirements
- Residential & Commercial Solar Program requirements & eligibility
April 10th (Medicine Hat) Medicine Hat Lodge (1051 Ross Glen Drive SE, Medicine Hat, T1B 3T8)
April 11th (Lethbridge) Lethbridge Lodge (320 Scenic Drive South, Lethbridge, T1J 4B4)
April 19th (Grande Prairie) Pomeroy Hotel (11633 100 St, Grande Prairie, AB T8V 3Y4)
Sessions will run from 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm followed by local ECAA Chapter Meetings.